Remembering the Kanji in 58 Days (Day 25)
It has been a few days since my last update, but I wanted to let everyone know that I am still studying kanji everyday. There are a few days that I wasn’t able to study (attending a friend’s wedding, busy work days), but for the most part I have stayed on track.
As of yesterday I was up to 835 Kanji and will finish today at about 870. That puts me very close to my target of completing the entire Remembering the Kanji book in 58 days.
I also have a few tips for using this book to study Japanese.
- The stories are important. So when you get to the part where you have to make up your own, make sure you create a very visual story and don’t just skip though the meanings.
- Focus when you are learning the stories. If your attention is divided you most likely won’t remember the kanji later.
- Pay attention to the kanji when you are learning Japanese words for your normal study. The more reinforcement you have of seeing the kanji the better.
- Don’t get overwhelmed. If you feel like you are going too fast and it’s too much, slow down.
- Use the Glossary in the back or a kanji poster to mark off and see your progress. It will also give you one more chance at recognition.
- Lastly, set your goal. It may seem like you will never finish, but if you have a goal, it is much easier to move forward.
If you are following along and study the kanji as well, please post a comment talking about your experience.